January reminds me of the first festive season in India, specially in the southern parts of India called “Sankranti” or “Pongal”. This festival always has a special place, one for being the first festival of year and second as we get to meet all of family members including the extended ones 🙂 and celebrate in a fun-filled way! I kind of miss that here, but I celebrate it in my own way! Specially for us ladies, festive seasons are the occasions where we get to dress up in our pretty ethnic wear!
Jumping straight away to the point, this festive season if you are planning to wear a Sari, here’s a simple twist to the regular draping style that can beautify your look and make you feel special 🙂 All you need for this is your Sari and a metallic toned belt that matches your Sari. This belted Sari trend has been very popular amongst the Indian celebrities recently and you could also recreate this in a very easy way. So bling it on!
Moving on to the drape, I start draping my Sari in a usual way but I will give you the steps considering you are a beginner :
1. Start with one end of the Sari, wrap it all around until finish one turn while tucking it inside my Sari petticoat.
2. I go to the other end, and make pleats for my Pallu. I like my Pallu a little taller, so do it according to your preference and pin it up on the shoulder to your blouse.
3. The trick with the drape is to leave the Pallu a little looser than bringing it tighter/closer to your waist. So leaving a little extra Sari on the right side (coming from the Pallu), bring the Sari to your waist and pin it up so it will not move.
4. You should now have a loop formed with your Sari in the front, so start pleating it and tuck it in and pin it up.
5. Now add the belt to the upper part of your waist, leaving the Pallu outside and you are done.
Add your favorite Jewelry to finish the look! Coming to my hair and makeup, I have curled my hair and made a half up-do hairstyle. With makeup, I have done my regular makeup but added a bright Pink lip and also tried to create a Smokey eye – but I think it doesn’t show off a lot because of my glasses! I’m in love with how my complete look turned out. Share your thoughts in the comments below, if you love the look. If you are also planning to recreate it, don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram pictures.
PS: Sorry for the warm toned pictures, it is too cold outside for us, so you have to bare with me for the entire season till it is bright and warm outside here again!
Your appreciation and support would mean a lot. You can also DM me your post requests or any questions you have. I can help you to my best. See you again super soon!